Waukee residents have several options to pay their monthly utility bill. If your utility service was turned off and you need to pay your reconnection fee, you can pay with cash, money order or valid check at Waukee City Hall or online with a debit card or credit card.
Automatic Payments from your Bank Account (Auto-Pay)
Set up recurring automatic payments from your bank account, so you never forget to pay your utility bill. There is no fee to use auto-pay. Set up auto-pay or change your bank account details here.
Things to know about automatic payments (auto-pay):
- Automatic payments will come out of your bank account on the 20th of each month or the following business day if the 20th falls on a weekend or holiday.
- If your bank does not send the payment, your utility account will immediately be deemed unpaid and delinquent. This may cause your service to be turned off. Watch for notifications from your bank for any issues and contact Utility Billing if you think your payment will not go through on time.
- To make changes to auto-pay for the current bill, submit this online form or call the Utility Billing Department no later than the 10th of the month. Otherwise, changes to auto-pay will apply to the next utility bill.
- To stop automatic payments, call the Utility Billing Department at 515-978-5502.
Online by Credit Card
Choose one of two online credit card payment options. Online credit card payments are charged a $1.25 processing fee, plus two percent of the payment.
- Create an online utility billing account through Account Management to make payments, view transaction history, submit service requests and more. Have your Waukee utility account number and last paid amount to set up your account. After that, you will log in with a password.
- Use Quick Pay to pay online without creating an online utility account. Have your utility account number and last paid amount to complete the payment.
In Person or By Mail (Cash, Check, Money Order)
Bills may be paid in person or by mail using cash, check or money order. Make checks payable to "City of Waukee". Payments can be dropped off or mailed to Waukee City Hall, 230 W. Hickman Road, Waukee, IA 50263. City Hall is open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or you may use the drive-in drop box in front of City Hall for after-hours payments.
Budget Billing is set monthly rate billing method based on usage. It can help you avoid high bills during peak months by spreading utility costs throughout the year. You must have 12 months of billing history in your current home to be considered for Budget Billing. Call 515-978-5502 to find out if Budget Billing is an option for you.
If you are struggling to pay your full utility bill amount, there are programs to help. See your options here.