Those who leave Waukee for a minimum of three consecutive months or more can request to have gas and/or water services disconnected during the time they are gone. The reconnection fee for snowbirds is reduced.

If you are a City of Waukee garbage customer, you may also request to have the garbage services suspended but must pay the monthly landfill fee.

Call 515-978-5502 to start the discussion about having utility service temporarily halted. 

The Waukee Police Department also offers a security check program for anyone leaving a home or business for an extended period of time. See if you are eligible!