- Parks & Recreation
- Annual Festivals and Events
- Celebration of Independence
Celebration of Independence
Each year, Waukee hosts a celebration of our nation's independence. Visit Centennial Park on July 3 and 4, 2023 for the annual parade, inflatables, live music, tournaments, fireworks and more!
Armbands for inflatables can be purchased in advance through June 30 for $10 and are valid July 4 ONLY.
Sand Volleyball and Bags Tournaments:
Pre-register your team for the Coed Sand Volleyball Tournament held on Monday, July 3 at 9 a.m. or for the Bags Tournament held on Tuesday, July 4 at 1 p.m. Both tournaments will be held at Centennial Park and registration closes at noon on Sunday, June 30.
Monday, July 3
|Adult Coed Sand Volleyball Tournament||5 p.m.|
|Food/Beverage Vendors||4-10 p.m.|
|Movies in the Park: "Top Gun: Maverick"||8:45 p.m. (dusk)|
Tuesday, July 4
|Waukee Boy Scouts Troop 178 "Waukee Freedom 5K" at Lutheran Church of Hope Waukee||7:45 a.m.|
|Rotary Pancake Breakfast||8 a.m.|
|FREE Ice Cream Social||Noon-1 p.m.|
|Food/Beverage Vendors||Noon-10 p.m.|
|Bingo, sponsored by OMNI Wealth Management|
|Adult Bags Tournament||1 p.m.|
|Live music from Riverside Drive & Oreo Meatwagon||5-10 p.m.|
|Des Moines Skydivers||8 p.m.|
Application window will open soon! Apply to be a vendor, providing food, beverages or other services at this event.
Application window will open soon! The parade is scheduled for Tuesday, July 4 at 10:30 a.m. See the parade route map. There is no cost for businesses/organizations participating in the parade, but advance registration is required. Additional information and guidance will be emailed to all participants following the close of registration on 10 p.m. on June 29. Please note:
- Candy is allowed to be tossed to the crowd. Water balloons, water guns and any spraying of water at spectators are prohibited.
- The parade is a community event and is intended for viewing by all families and all ages. Dress code, behavior, parade handouts and signage should reflect a “G” rating.
- The use of profanity on signage or audio is not acceptable.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the floats or in the staging area.
- Excessive noise (horns, sirens) can be frightening to people with sensory issues. Please avoid use of loud noisemakers.