The City of Waukee and many of its departments engage with community members on various social media channels. Join us in our online conversations!
City of Waukee
Waukee Social Media Usage and Moderation of Comments
The City of Waukee and its affiliates' official social media presence serves two functions: to provide accurate, consistent, and timely information about City functions, services and activities, and to strengthen the City’s relationships with the community through engagement. Any use of the City’s official social media that is in conflict with these functions is not authorized. Questions regarding the appropriate use of City social media may be submitted to the Marketing & Communications Department.
Moderation of Comments
The Marketing & Communications Department reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments including those that:
• Are not topically related to the particular posting.
• Have obscene language or sexual content.
• Threaten or defame any person or organization.
• Violate the legal ownership interest of another party.
• Support or oppose political candidates or ballot propositions.
• Promote illegal activity, commercial services or products.
• Are harassing.
Although City staff may occasionally schedule posts for evenings and weekends, this account is not monitored outside of the City's normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.).