Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Waukee Public Library and the Waukee Area Historical Society (WAHS) are partnering again to host the popular Local History Series. Throughout 2020, the two organizations will present historical information on specific topics related to Waukee and the surrounding areas. Support from Waukee’s Heartland Co-op makes it possible for this series to be offered to the public free of charge.
All sessions will be held at the Waukee Public Library at 1:30 p.m. on the Sundays listed below:
• Feb. 2: Underground Railroads in Dallas and Guthrie Counties with Rod Stanley
• April 5: Tallgrass Prairie in Dallas County: Looking Back and Moving Forward with Sarah Nizzi
• May 3: A Salute to Dallas County Veterans with Darcy Maulsby
• Sept. 13: Henry Nelson, Inventor from Redfield with Rod Stanley
• October TBD: Hymns and Herds with Tim Morain
• Nov. 8: Women’s Army Corps at Fort Des Moines with Jeff Kluever
Advance registration is not required for Local History Series programs.