What if my pet goes missing?

If your pet goes missing in Waukee, you can call 515-978-7979 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to see if the pet was picked up by Waukee Police. When picked up by officers, pets are taken to AHeinz57 Pet Rescue and Transport in De Soto. To claim your pet, complete this online form or print the PDF version of the form and pay a $50 animal release fee (cash or check) to the Waukee Police Department. You can then claim the animal from AHeinz57.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need to license my pet?
2. Is there a limit to how many pets I can have?
3. Do pet owners have to clean up after their dogs?
4. Does my dog need to be leashed?
5. How do I report a dog barking/howling disturbance?
6. What if my pet goes missing?
7. Can I have chickens on my property?
8. Are there any dog breeds banned in Waukee?