- Parks & Recreation
- Annual Festivals and Events
- Independence Day Celebration
Independence Day Celebration
Each year, Waukee hosts a celebration of our nation's independence. Visit Centennial Park on July 3 and 4, 2023 for the annual parade, inflatables, live music, tournaments, fireworks and more!
Inflatables Presale (June 1-30)
Armbands for inflatables are $10 when purchased in advance at Waukee.org/Registration. Armbands are valid only on July 4.
Register for Adult Sand Volleyball or Bags Tournaments
Pre-register your team for the Coed Sand Volleyball Tournament on Monday, July 3 at 9 a.m. or for the Bags Tournament on Tuesday, July 4 at 1 p.m. Both tournaments will be held at Centennial Park and registration closes at noon on Sunday, June 30.
Monday, July 3
|Adult Coed Sand Volleyball Tournament ($40 per team)||5 p.m.|
|Food/Beverage Vendors||4-10 p.m.|
|Movies in the Park: "Top Gun: Maverick"||8:45 p.m. (dusk)|
Tuesday, July 4
|Waukee Boy Scouts Troop 178 "Waukee Freedom 5K" at Lutheran Church of Hope Waukee (entry fee)||7:45 a.m.|
|Rotary Pancake Breakfast||8 a.m.|
|Parade (free)||10:30 a.m.|
|Ice Cream Social (free)||Noon-1 p.m.|
|Food/Beverage Vendors||Noon-10 p.m.|
|Inflatables (presale armband $10)||1-8 p.m.|
|Bingo, sponsored by OMNI Wealth Management|
|Adult Bags Tournament (team entry $20)||1 p.m.|
|Live music from Riverside Drive & Oreo Meatwagon (free)||5-10 p.m.|
|Des Moines Skydivers (free)||8 p.m.|
|Fireworks (free)||9:30 p.m.|
Be a Vendor at the Celebration
Application window is open. Apply to be a vendor, providing food, beverages or other services at this event.
Be a Part of the Parade
Application window is open! Submit your parade entry by 10 p.m. on June 29.
The parade is scheduled for Tuesday, July 4 at 10:30 a.m. See the parade route map. There is no cost for businesses/organizations participating in the parade, but advance registration is required. Additional information and guidance will be emailed to all participants following the close of registration at 10 p.m. on June 29. Please note:
- Candy is allowed to be tossed to the crowd. Water balloons, water guns and any spraying of water at spectators are prohibited.
- The parade is a community event and is intended for viewing by all families and all ages. Dress code, behavior, parade handouts and signage should reflect a “G” rating.
- The use of profanity on signage or audio is not acceptable.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the floats or in the staging area.
- Excessive noise (horns, sirens) can be frightening to people with sensory issues. Please avoid use of loud noisemakers.